Saturday, September 6, 2008

Artist Of The Week

So, every week we're gonna' highlight a new band/artist. We have an abnormal wealth of good music that we felt guilty keeping it to ourselves. The artist will be someone that has been keeping out stereos busy all week.

LOVE YOU LONG TIME
We decided to kick off this portion of our blog with Utah locals "Love you Long Time"... Because... how can you not love them? I tried to not fall in love... I almost gave myself an aneurysm.

HQ: Salt Lake City, UT

Style: Synth-pop meets 80's Hip-hop

Discography: "Party 'Til You're Pooped, "Dont Poop on My Party" New Album Out In October Party To The People

Why you should listen to 'em: First, their lineup consists of musicians named MC Oz, Sally Kat, Chains, and Professor Liam. Second, absolutepunk.net sited them as heirs to the synth-pop throne. Third, They are fun as all get out. You cant help but smile, dance and sing along; I dont care if you like synth-pop or not. And Fourth, They are playing with Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer in Februrary.

For Fans Of: Oingo Boingo/The Rocket Summer/Matt Pond PA

Find Them @: www.myspace.com/loveyoulongtime www.purevolume.com/loveyoulongtime & Itunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok this is cool and all but I hope you still post things about you two so I have something to read.

Pops said...

Hello...
I'm a long time reader, and first time commenter on your blog.

I have no shame in saying I have a man crush on Jake. I just think he's dreamy. Not dreamy like Joey McIntire from New kids on the Block (because thats gay), but dreamy like Richard Dean Anderson in Macgyver (now thats a man).

Everyone at work thinks Jake is the coolest guys ever! He's always making funny comments to me like "Your invading my space" and "I'm carrying pepper spray". Were does he come up with that stuff!! He slays me! I wasn't born yesterday, I can read between the lines. I know when he say those things he's just trying to keep our deeply rooted emotions on the down low around the work place.

I have found my self unable to express my true feelings to Jake at work, do to some silly ole "restraining order" prohibiting me from going with in 150 yards of him. In my opinion, just because one emotionally secure adult male enjoys the smell and comfort of another adult friend, and then that man steals his friends sweatshirt to sleep in it, That should be taken as an compliment and NO court order should have been is needed. I don't even know why he has that. Maybe, he's trying to play hard to get.

Any ways, what I'm trying to say is... I think his phone is broken because every time I call it always goes to voice mail. Will you have Jake call me.